Wednesday, April 1st - the Town Clerk and Tax Office will be closing at 5:00pm
**Due to the circulating virus, we are limiting person-to-person contact, and are open by appointment only, and only for cash payments. If you need to submit a payment by another method please use the night drop box located in the lobby, mail your payment or pay online. Thank you for your patience and understanding!**
YOU MAY QUALIFY:
Ask about the credits offered: Veteran's Credit (all Veteran's) and Disabled Veteran's Credit (totally and permanently disabled due to a service connected reason).
Paperwork deadline date: April 15th June 15th for new applications
Ask about the Exemptions offered: Elderly, Disability, Blind and Solar
Paperwork deadline date: April 15th
The Tax Collector's Mission is to collect as much tax revenue as possible to help the Town meet its financial obligations each year. The office of the Tax Collector is responsible for:
- Collecting revenue for property taxes, current use, excavation, & timber taxes
- Responding to inquiries from banks, mortgage companies, attorney's offices, & the general public
Pay in person, place in the drop box in the Town Hall Lobby located at 333 Calef Highway or pay-online on our tax kiosk.
For your convenience, the Tax Office's hours of operation are posted on the left-hand side of the page.
To ensure that your real estate tax payment gets applied to the correct parcel please remember to include your Map/Lot # or your Bill # and write the check out to the Town of Barrington. Your telephone number is helpful in case we need to contact you with questions regarding your payment.
Please mail tax payments to the following address:
Barrington Tax Collector
PO Box 660
Barrington, NH 03825
Explanation of your real estate tax bill:
Billing is twice a year, bills are sent out by the end of May for the July bill and by the end of October for the December bill giving the taxpayer at least 30 days to pay. The day after the due date the bill is considered late and 8% interest starts accruing.
The July bill covers from April 1st - September 30
1. The July bill reflects 1/2 year calculation which shows on the tax breakdown. The July bill is calculated by taking the prior year total and dividing in half.
2. The July bill is an "estimated" bill, calculated with the tax rate that was set by the state in October 2019.
The December bill covers October 1- March 31
1. In October the state sets the new tax rate and the December bill adjusts to the new rate and deducts any payments that were made in July and/or during the year.The December bill is considered the final bill.
2. The December bill reflects the new tax rate for 2020 and is an entire year calculation which shows on the tax breakdown, thus $22.67
Please note: Liens can only be paid by the property owner or the Agent of the property owner. If you are an Agent you will need to visit the Tax Office and fill out a form stating that the property owner is allowing you to make payments on their behalf. The property owner will have to come to the Tax Office and we will witness their signature. Thank you.
|Linda Markiewicz||Certified Tax Collector||(603) 664-2230|
|Payton Goodell||Deputy Tax Collector||(603) 664-0159|