Duties & Responsibilities
It is the goal of the Highway Department to keep its 80 miles of road in as good of shape as possible for safe travel for the traveling public all year round, no matter the time of year. The Highway Department performs all maintenance from brush removal to ditching, grading, culvert replacement, sign replacement and hot topping. We continue to provide excellent service to the residents for which they have both become a custom to and deserve.
Road Construction & Repairs
- The Highway Department oversees the repair and maintenance of all town-maintained roads, including mowing, ditching, drainage and road signs.
- By law, the town cannot expend town money on any private or Class-VI road. These roads are maintained by individual landowners or through a homeowner’s agreement.
- The Highway Department coordinates and completes the plowing of all town-maintained roads, which is overseen by the road agent.
- The town provides a salt shed located at the Highway Department garage. Town residents can fill, up to three, 5-gallon buckets of the salt/sand for personal use. Filling of pick-ups or other trucks and use by contractors is prohibited.
- Be advised that the town has a year-round No Parking Ordinance and Snow Removal Policy. Please contact the Town Offices to review the complete ordinance.
|Erin Paradis||Administrative Assistant||603-664-0166|
|Jere Calef||Highway Crew|
|Steve Paul||Highway Crew|
|Jim Chase||Highway Crew|
|Dana Drake||Highway Crew|
|Bob Brown||Highway Crew|
|Bryan Dodier||Highway Crew|
|Shane Elliott||Highway Crew|
|Marc Moreau||Road Agent||(603) 664-0166|