- A couple getting married in the State of New Hampshire may apply for their marriage license in any Town Clerk’s Office in the State.
- You must apply for a marriage license in person at the Town Clerk’s Office which is open Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 am to 5 :00 pm, Wednesday 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm and closed on Friday (please allow a half hour for the processing of a marriage license).
- Your marriage license is valid for 90 days, and both participants must appear in person together and bring valid photo identification(both parties must be at least 18 years of age).
- If one or both of you was previously married, a divorce decree with a raised seal or a death certificate with a raised seal must be presented at the time of application.
- There is no requirement for a blood test to get a marriage license in New Hampshire.
- The charge for a marriage license is $50.00 and is payable by cash or check.
- Credit or debit is not available.
Both applicants must appear in person together and provide the following information on the application worksheet provided when you arrive:
- Full Name
- Place of Residence
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Father’s Full Name and Birthplace
- Mother’s Maiden Name and Birthplace
After the marriage occurs, the officiant completes the license and returns it to the Town of applicancy, after which the couple may obtain a copy of the marriage certificate for a $15.00 fee, additional copies ordered at the same time for the same record are $10.00 each.
- Useful Information: Changing Your Name after Your Marriage