The mission of the transfer station/recycling center is to provide the residents of the Town of Barrington a safe, simple, clean facility to dispose of their trash, recyclables and materials in the proper manner.
- The Transfer Station and Recycling Center are for Barrington residents only, a Transfer Station Sticker is required! See the Attendant if you do not have one.
- The Transfer Station does not accept leaves, brush, or yard debris
- You can purchase Barrington Trash Bags at the Recycling Center Building: A package of Large Bags are $13.00 and a package of Small Bags are $9.00
- Plastic shopping bags can be recycled at Market Basket, Hannaford, and Lowe's
- Waste Oil is not accepted at the Transfer Station. However, Rochester Public Works located at 45 Old Dover Road in Rochester will accept your clean waste oil. Mon-Fri 7-3
****Single Stream Recycling Changes***
Due to major changes in the recycling industry worldwide starting Tuesday July 31,2018 the Transfer Station will be taking glass out the singlestream recycling in Town. We will instead be putting glass in a separate open top container by itself. This container will be located to the right of the Recycling building.
Taking glass out of the recycling stream cuts the weight of recycled material, and therefore the cost of disposal.
We are here to make this process as easy as possible, so please if you have any questions please ask a Transfer Attendant or call the office at 664-0166.
Thank you for your cooperation and please share so we can spread the word! I have attached the link from the last Select board meeting discussing this with Pete Lachapelle from Waste Management, which discusses the changes in recycling worldwide.
Thank you for your cooperation!
|Darlene Harris||Transfer Station Operator||(603) 664-2446|