The Board of Selectmen developed the following Vision Statement, a Mission Statement and a list of core Values by which the Barrington government works in 2011:
We, the elected governing board of Barrington, New Hampshire, seek to shape a future that values our past, preserves our natural and human resources while working together with the public toward a bright economic and community-oriented lifestyle through quality education and the provision of effective governmental services that characterize a healthy, dynamic community.
The Barrington Board of Selectmen will provide proactive leadership engaging in effective communication with the public and municipal employees while overseeing a friendly, cost-effective, efficient government that promotes public safety, wise preservation and development of the social and natural environment, maintenance and development of infrastructure, and support for community services that assure quality of life.
- The core values of Barrington municipal government include:
- Careful financial stewardship of resources
- Transparent government with open communication and broad participation
- Honesty and high ethical standards
- Friendly, fair, and responsive service
- Wise collaborative decisions based upon objective facts
- A focus on both the present and the future