To contact us please use the CONTACT US in the left hand column
Interested in Planning and Land Use Decisions?
The Land Use Department is interested in hearing from you! We are looking for thoughtful, energetic and creative volunteers of all ages to participate in the planning process for the future of Barrington. We seek your knowledge, expertise and talent in building a better Barrington. We would like to hear your voice in the shaping of the town. Barrington is not simply a place to spend the day, Barrington is a place to spend a fine life! Share your ideas with the Planning Board.
The Land Use Department’s Mission is to facilitate and initiate quality development to foster sustainable, balanced growth while preserving the choice, verdant landscape and natural resources of Barrington for the benefit of residents, businesses and visitors.
Contact Land Use Secretary Barbara Irvine, for all inquiries related to the land use boards and commissions:
- Appointments for Submittals
- Subdivision requirements
- Site review requirements
- General planning, zoning or conservation information
- Provide Quality Service to the Constituency, Development, and Land Conservation Community
- Improve and Promote Public Outreach and Transparency in Government
- Implement Effective Interdepartmental Communication and Streamline the Application and Review Process
- Encourage Sustainable Growth, Design and Development through Innovative Land Use Practices
- Appoint a Diverse Member Body to the Land Use Boards
- Provide Pathways for Educational Opportunities for Board Members So They May Keep Pace with Current and Innovative Land Use Policy and Practice
To visualize a Land Use Department that is smarter and more efficient as summarily outlined in our values, certain objectives must be realized and met. To share our vision of the future of Barrington, we must understand the past. Ideally, planners and developers work in partnership to honor the past when fostering conservation of natural area open space and promoting growth and development by making wise land use decisions. Planners are trained observers who analyze the land, mindful of the context of setting, for planned site development.
The Planning Board is seeking input on the Draft Vision Chapter of the Master Plan which can be found in the links above. Please direct comments and questions to Town Planner, Marcia Gasses at email@example.com.
Click on the water spout for valuable information on arsenic in our local water supplies!