How can I renew my registration online?
You may renew your registration online up to 20 days early IF you have processed the registration in Barrington in the previous year. You will need to have either your previous registration or the renewal letter, and your check book or your bank's routing number and your checking account number to process the e-check. Click on the orange E-REG BUTTON after you click here to start the process.
I have just moved to Barrington from another town in New Hampshire. Do I need to change my address on my registration and drivers license?
If I move out of state prior to the expiration of my registration, do I receive a refund for the unused portion?
No, the State of New Hampshire nor the Town of Barrington provides a refund if you move.
I just bought a new car, what do I need to bring with me to register it?
Please note that a title is a legal document and is required to be completed accurately and in its entirety by the SELLER in order for us to process your transaction.
- If you purchased your car from a New Hampshire dealership, you will need the blue title application marked “Town Clerk’s Copy” at the bottom in red.
- If the vehicle that you purchased is newer than the current year, you will need to bring in the vehicle window sticker showing the price, as we will not have access to the MSRP (Manufactured Suggested Retail Price.)
- If you purchased your vehicle out of state, you will need to bring the original title or certificate of origin..
- If you purchased your vehicle through a private sale, you will need to bring the original title which has been correctly assigned to you by the SELLER.
- If you have purchased a vehicle that is 15 years old, you will need a bill of sale, and one of these 3 items:
1. An original title or copy;
2. A previous NH registration or copy for that vehicle; or
A. NH inspection station
B. NH lay enforcement officer
C. Or a NH car dealer.
- EFFECTIVE January 1, 2015 if you purchase a vehicle with a model year(2000 or newer) a title or a title application in the purchaser's name is required.
How do I transfer my license plates from my old car to my new car?
You will need to provide us with the current NEW HAMPSHIRE unexpired registration for the old vehicle, and the TOWN CLERK'S COPY OF THE BLUE TITLE APPLICATION OR THE TITLE from the dealer or seller on the new vehicle. License plates are solely owned by the first person listed on the registration and can only be transferred and any credit applied to a registration that again reflects the same individual as the first person on the registration. If there is a leasing company involved, you can transfer your plates as long as the lessee is the same as the owner of the plates.
What do I need to register or renew a current registration for a vehicle? What should I bring with me to process this transaction?
You will need to provide us with the current registration or the renewal notice. Pursuant to the State of New Hampshire Privacy Act Law, Records and Certifications RSA 260:14, if you are unable to provide your vehicle information to us, we cannot “fill in the blanks” and provide it to you.
What do I need to obtain a New Hampshire driver's license?
Driver's licenses are obtained through any office of the State’s Department of Motor Vehicles. The Concord DMV Office can be reached at 603-271-2251; phone numbers for local DMV offices are not available for the public.
Driver's licensing can be done Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:15 pm at the Dover or Epping DMV.
You will need to produce the following documents to secure your drivers license:
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate or passport – these documents must be in your current name; if not, then the legal document indicating your name change must be presented; and
- A current valid out-of-state drivers license; and
- Proof of residency.
Can I get any plate type at the Town offices?
The Town of Barrington CAN issue regular NH license plates, Moose plates, vanity plates/intial plates , motorcycle plates, trailer plates, vanity antique plates, vanity motorcycle plates, vanity trailer plates, vanity Moose plates, Agricultural, Farm, Tractor and State park plates.
The Town CANNOT issue regular antique plates, veteran plates of any kind, commercial plates, Pearl Harbor plates, Purple Heart plates, moped pleated dirt bike plates, Handicap plates, apportioned plates. These plates can be obtained through the State of New Hampshire DMV Offices. Please call the State DMV at 603-271-2251 for questions regarding these types of plates. Apportioned ONLY in Concord.
What type of payment does the Town of Barrington accept?
The Town of Barrington accepts cash, certified bank checks, cashiers’ checks, personal checks, or a money order. If you are paying by check and plan to do your entire registration (Town and State) at our office, you will need one check: made payable to Barrington Town Clerk. At this time, we are not able to accept debit or credit cards for payment.
What do I do if I have lost my title?
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
What if I register a vehicle with my child's name on it?
In New Hampshire the youngest a person can be on a registration is 16 years old, and until the child turns 18 years old a parental consent form needs to be filled out during any registration process, new or renewal. This form MUST be submitted with the new or renewal paperwork, click here to print a copy of the Parental Consent Form.
I have just moved to Barrington from another state. What do I need to bring with me to register my cars?
You need to bring the following with you to Town Hall:
- Proof of Barrington Residency : a Lease Agreement, a PSNH(electric bill); oil/propane delivery bill; current pay stub with Barrington physical address; or bank statement/check book with current Barrington physical address.
- Current out of state registration and ORIGINAL TITLE if you hold the title to your vehicle. If you do not hold the title to your vehicle, we will need the full name and address of the lien holder and/or leasing company.
- Current mileage of vehicle.
- The date you purchased the vehicle and who the vehicle was purchased from and their address.
- If two people are listed on the title they both will need to come into the Town Hall to fille out the paperwork.
How can I apply for a vanity plate?
Your name HAS to be listed first on the vehicle registration in order to request a vanity plate.
How can I obtain an estimate on my motor vehicle registration?(Only renewals and new are available)
You may obatin an estimate on your vehicle registration if you are processing a new or a renewal. You will
need to have the vin(vehicle identification number) or the year, make and model, click here to get started.